Saturday 7 January 2012

New Years Resolution: Get my House Organized One Week at a Time

One of my New Years resolutions this year is to get my house organized.  I am a fairly organized person but after the kids getting so many gifts at Christmas, I realized we have a lot of things that we don't need.  The plan is to assign a room of the house to each week starting this week until the house is all organized.  The way I figure it we will have our entire house in order by the end of March!
It may sound daunting but if you do only tackle one room or space a week it really isn't that much. This way by spring time we will be done and can have a garage sale to purge what we don't need.

All items that we don't want will go into 1 of 3 piles- Sell, Donate, Garbage
The point is to keep only things that we use and need. 

The Schedule:

Week 1- Organize the master bathroom and closet
  • go through closet and only keep clothes that fit me now and that I wear
  • organize linen closet in bathroom
  • organize kids bath toys and baby products better (use containers)
  • Make room in closet for craft supplies
  • Do any paint touch ups that need to be done if I have time



    No comments:

    Post a Comment